We are ready to get back into the office on May 4, 2020!
Dr. Reuland, Dr. Barnhart, and our team have been diligently working during this stay-at-home time period to ensure each of our patients are cared for! From providing Virtual Checkups, to mailing rubber bands, to preparing the office for a safe reopening, we’ve been hard at work and anxiously awaiting seeing your smiles in person very soon! We have been fortunate to have the opportunity to see patients virtually for regular appointments throughout this time. Moving forward, we will continue to utilize this technology to address issues on the fly, and we will plan your virtual and/or in-person appointments accordingly.
When we reopen for regularly scheduled appointments, please understand that we will continue to follow guidelines for preventing the spread of any infectious disease as outlined by the standards set by the CDC, American Association of Orthodontists, and other local professional organizations.
We will be limiting the number of people in the office at a time. In order to do so, we will be staggering the patient appointments we see each day. We will also be adding additional clinic days and times so that we can spread out appointments more effectively and ensure everyone can be seen in a timely manner.
Here is what you can expect:
- Patients should enter the office ALONE until further notice. We ask that parents and siblings wait in the car. In an effort to keep our space as safe and sanitary as possible, our waiting room will remain closed at this time. Don’t worry– it won’t be this way forever!
- When you arrive for your appointment, you will be greeted and checked in by one of our staff car-side. We will have a consent form for you to review and sign that will ask questions related to the patient’s health, symptoms, and exposure to COVID-19. It is essential that these questions are answered honestly. We will also be taking the patient’s temperature via a forehead scan. If they are symptomatic or at-risk, we will work to address any issues or concerns with a Virtual Checkup and reschedule your in-office appointment.
- Our brushing station will be temporarily closed during this time period. We ask that all patients brush at home and arrive clean and read ready to be seen for their appointment.
- Our team will reach out via phone or text during or after the appointment to schedule your next visit.
- We utilize hospital-level sterilization techniques throughout our office for your safety and health. We will continue to be diligent in our efforts to keep our office safe for you and your family.
Parents: You will continue to receive a text message after your child’s appointment to fill you in on progress and next steps. If you have any specific concerns you’d like us to address during the appointment, please feel free to contact us prior to their appointment or initiate a Virtual Checkup.
All processes are subject to change based on the recommendations of our state, the AAO, and the ADA. Please check back for updates or feel free to contact us with any questions.